Friday, November 7, 2008

Lucy, I apologize




Lucy I give you my word that for the next 7 days I am going to make sure there is something of at least partial interest for you to read from my blog!  Perhaps I just don't have as many exciting things to post about as you do.  Either way I'm going to find something or  at least make something up for you!  :)  

Today you get to hear about my bug updates.  

Since the arrival of the bug to Benton it's gotten much needed attention.  Mike Brock has helped me lots!  We've had to take the gas tank off because it wouldn't start and turns out that the hose under the gas tank had rotted out, not good.  On more than one occasion the gas line going back to the engine from the front has come unconnected, once again making it impossible to start it!  Mike's arm could reach to fix that where mine couldn't.  He finally got smart 2 weeks ago and told me to put some claps on that hose so it wouldn't do that again.  Sure enough it worked!  

I have learned how to take the carb apart.  Here's where it gets amazingly technical.  There's a thingy inside the carb that gets stuck.  You have to take the whole carb off to flick it a few times and get it unstuck.  I've done that twice now by myself.  A friend heard of my new car skills so I got my own little set of tools I keep in the car.  Even though there's really only two tools you need to work on it.  I'd tell you what those two things are but I have no clue what they're called.  I just know what they look like in the tool set.  Oh and you must also have the stick.  The stick is that exactly.  A stick we found on the ground that holds the hood up while you play car doctor!  

I had a tune up done last week on it and it died on the way home.  ugh...  It was the carb thingy.  That time around I figured out that if you don't put the carb back together in the right sequence it doesn't work right.  Imagine that.  

I'm still hoping to get blinkers working soon.  It's getting too cold to roll the windows down to use my arms as turn signals.  Not to mention the fact most people just think I'm waving at them!  I've also noticed a few small wholes in the pans since it's gotten cold.  The air seems to travel straight through the hole causing a slight draft in the bug.  

The bug has yet to be given a name yet other than the bug.  Got any ideas?  

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I too must apologize. You told me you'd updated but I haven't checked it till today.

Kudos on your valiant effort.

I'll have to work on bug names, though Ryan and I have been reading through 1 Chronicles lately and there's a plethora of names in the first few chapters.

What about something like Belshazzar. You could call it Shazzy. If not, Ryan and I may name our first kid that.

Lindsey said...

i will definitely post more often just to get funny stuff like that! Belshazzar made me laugh out loud, seriously. I don't mean just the lol in my head and it just looked fitting to write lol. I mean laughter came out loud! anyways... I would hate to rob your first born of such a name. But if you and Ryan might be willing to think of a different name I just might go with Shazzy... I'll mull it over.