Thursday, November 13, 2008

Guess what?!


No, I'm not getting married.

But I do have a great story from a friend of mine.  Last weekend as I said I got to go to the Lady Vols basketball game.  After supper my friend was trying to get her cash from her pocket and she gets a panic look on her face.  She tells me that she can't find her wedding ring.  She got married this past September.  Her heart broke to think that she's lost the ring she just got.  

On the ride home I told her she was just going to have to tell her husband she lost it.  I suggested she right a note and put it on the coffee table since she would probably be sobbing when she's trying to explain it.  That way she could just point to the note when he can't understand her and know what the problem is.  We went on to discuss how she would get to see some great compassion from her husband because his heart would rejoice that she wasn't hurt but that it was just something that was lost.  

I saw her husband last night and church and ask how she was.  He said she'd been pretty tore up all week.  She had even ask him multiple times was he mad at her.  Of course he said no.  Apparently she got frustrated at him thinking he should be mad at her for losing the ring.  He told me it wasn't a big deal.  He was just glad she was ok.  I said well you know what she needs for Christmas now.  He said exactly!

Through an unexplainable occurrence of events my friend now has her ring back!!!  Apparently she dropped it in the parking lot where we parked.  She called a friend her works at UT and somehow that friend got the ring back.  God is amazing!!  My friend said there was no way this was any sort of normal thing but it was amazing.  What's great is that she got to see the compassion of Jesus through her husband!  It's a beautiful thing.  Not only that but she also got her ring back.  Now every time she notices her ring she'll think of what God did using that ring...  God is so cool!  Just wanted to share that today.

1 comment: