Monday, November 24, 2008

Lone Start State here I come!


Tomorrow afternoon I'll be heading to the great state of Texas to celebrate some Thanksgiving.  To spend some time with my family.  To babysit my niece all next week and I'm sure my nephew will hang out with us too.  

In the spirit of thanksgiving and in light of going to our local crisis center today...  I sit here tonight just marveling at how blessed I am.  I whine and I fuss and I gripe with the best of them.  However, I really am blessed beyond reason.  I have a job that I love.  God's provided a network of people here in Tennessee to help take care of me.  I have a wonderful family in Texas.  I can hear my mom's voice right now ringing in my ears, "We're just glad to have you home anytime you can come.  Just book a ticket and we'll be there to pick you up."  And she means it.  They will drop anything to come get me and will do anything to provide a way for me to get home.  

There are so many in this world who have nothing.  Why did I get to be a lucky one with blessings in abundance?  I don't know...  But I truly am.  

Can't help but think of that good ole song...  Count your many blessings, name them one by one!  

If you're in or near Texas I'll be there from Tuesday until Friday, Dec 5.  Give me a ring.  Or swing by Mom and Dad's place for a visit.  

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Welcome home. We look forward to seeing you.