Friday, November 28, 2008

I love my Mom

Today was a day I said thanks to my mom for what she did 27 years ago to this day.  She gave birth to me.  Which for her probably paled in comparison to what was in store for her in the years to come.  

My mom loves Christmas decorations!  She LOVES walking in and seeing the Christmas tree set up.  In an effort to tell my mom thanks today I decided to help her with this task.  Which to many people might not be too big of a deal.  However, for me...  I think I would prefer to spend the day trying to physically chew my own toe nails off.  

Ty spent the day with us and helped off and on as well.  Until we got to the decorating part.  Then Mom suggested he and Daddy go check the horses.  Dad being the trooper he is took Ty out of the house so we could get to work.  I'll have pics tomorrow of the finished product.  

It actually wasn't as miserable of an experience as I thought it would be.  We ended our day today going out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Yum...  I even invited a friend and her family along too.  All and all it's been a good day.  Other than the fact that in my mind now that I'm 27 I might as well call myself 30.  

Oh well!  I'm one blessed 27 year old, that's for sure.



Click to play Happy Birthday!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow





1 comment:

Lucy said...

I know what you mean. I've felt 30 ever since I hit 29, which is sad because I'm missing out on my last year of my 20's.

Happy late Birthday!