Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Somewhat of a Texas recap

I wrote this entry last Saturday night.  Am just getting around to put it up.  I apologize I never got a chance to put up a picture of the tree mom and I decorated.  I'll get one up when I'm home at Christmas.  Sorry, this one got lengthy and is a bit choppy...  Oh well, it's my Texas adventures!

I’m back to the hills of Tennessee! Actually, I’m writing this while down in south Georgia. I arrived back to my house around 11:30pm Friday night and left the house again Saturday morning around 8:45am. A church that we’ve worked with for a few years now had asked for my boss, his family and I to come spend a weekend with them. This was the weekend we planned to go.

I apologize to several in Texas that I did not get to see! December 22-30 will be my next trip for Christmas. I look forward to getting my daily hugs and I love you’s. Those are greatly missed living so far from home.

This trip was extra special because I got to make up for some lost time with the world’s cutest niece and nephew. Praise the Lord that my 7 month old niece, Ainsley Grace, came right to me when I first saw her. And throughout the next week we spent quality time together from around 7am-5pm. My nephew would hang out with us too. My dad would bring us all breakfast EVERY morning. Consequently, this morning I woke up rather hungry in Tennessee, nothing in the fridge and no delivery coming my way. Back to reality…

My niece is precious. By far though the favorite thing to watch was how Ty, my nephew, interacted with his sister. He would talk so soft and sweet to her calling her pretty girl with the same tone and everything I hear my brother use with her. PRECIOUS! She would go crazy when she saw him. There was no way she was taking a nap if she could see or hear him! Her little legs would go crazy as if she was trying to run towards him when she saw him.

However, inappropriate this will turn out to be one day for now it was hilarious… Ty could get Ainsley to just belly laugh by doing one major thing. He would get in her face and say the word POOP. Yes, you read that correctly. POOP. She would seriously just die laughing at him. Then we’d all start laughing and he’d do it more and then he’d start jumping up and down saying it which in turn made her laugh even harder. It’s predicted that her first word indeed will be POOP. Which I’m sure will be followed up by laughter from everyone. It will be really funny until she goes to school and says it. J

They were great!

One afternoon I realized I hadn’t gotten to play with Ty as much as I wanted so I asked my grandparents to watch Ainsely for a little while so he and I could go play. We head out to Gander Mountain, that Ty loves. We were on a mission for 4-wheelers as Ty says that would be, “Just my size.” On the way to the store he informed me that Gander Mountain had called him at school and told him they had gotten in a new shipment of them yesterday. (Seriously, those were all his words, from a 4 year old.) Then he also informed me that if they had one “just his size” he was certain that we could fit it into the back of his daddy’s truck that we were driving. He thought they only cost around $100 and he had $47 at home if I needed it.

Walking through the door of the store Ty begins to look for 4-wheelers as if we’re searching for a lost puppy. “Oh 4-wheelers where are you? Come here little 4-wheelers. Where are you? I know you’re here. Come out come out where ever you are…” This goes on throughout the whole store. We find nothing. He finally says, “Sissy, we need to ask somebody.” We did only to find out they had none. We looked at the boats for awhile then decided to go across the parking lot to Lowe’s in hopes that they might have a “Super duper chainsaw” that he was in need of. Once again Sissy would need to buy that for him if we found it because there were some trees in his yard that needed to be cut down.

The best part was when we found the play houses in front of Lowe’s. That’s where we spent our next hour of life. Running between two play houses playing pretend! Of course we had to stop when we heard a big truck drive by or the fork lift. We’d have to go find out what was going on with those two things. Finally, we had to head back to my grandparents for dinner. Sadly enough we could not bring one of the $3000 play houses home. Even though Ty informed me that they would fit in the back of the truck and the forklift could put them there.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I love kids' reasoning skills. If it fits, you can buy it.