Saturday, November 8, 2008

Spirit, Soul, and Body. pt. 1

Today, you get to hear about what I've been doing the greater portion of the day.  I've been studying.  It's my absolute favorite thing under the sun to!  Ok, wait.  Not really, that was a complete and total falsehood.  I've never been much for studying which is why school and I were never very close friends.  However, today has not been completely miserable.  Why?  It's simple.  I made the choice to study today.  Not only that but I chose the topic.  :)  

Last spring I went to a conference at Grace Fellowship International.  I'm pretty sure I promised to explain last fall what it was all about and I'm pretty sure I never got around to it.  Better late than never though I suppose.  They have a conference, workshop and school you can attend.  Each of them lasting several days in length.  Last spring I attended the conference and workshop.  Next week I'll be attending the school part.  Part of me is excited and part of me is screaming nooo!!  Not a classroom!  It's only 3 days so I don't think I'll die in that short of time.  Once that's done they have some more correspondence things I can get into if I so choose.  

Here's the quick run through of what I've been checking out today.  Of course this will all be in my own interpretation of their information.  Feel free to check out their site and order their books if you so choose to have a further deeper understand 

Your whole being is made up for a spirit, soul and body according to 1 Thessalonians 5:23.  As the trinity is wholly separate yet wholly connected as are those three components.  The trinity being the reality that God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Only seems fitting that since we are made in His image we too would have 3 parts to our being.  

These three parts are beautifully and intricately connected.  Meaning that they have great impacts on each other.  The SPIRIT is dealing with things such as our intuition, our conscience, our communion with God.  These are all parts that relate to God thus become our spiritual hub.  The SOUL houses the mind, the will, the emotions.  Making it our psychological center and relates more to how we relate to others.  The BODY is simply that our physiological body that relates to our environment.  

The beautiful trinity connection exemplifies that if it all begins in the SPIRIT, when that part is not properly taken care of then the SOUL and BODY will immediate follow suit as to their own well being.  Within the SPIRIT you will find the building blocks to our lives.  Those things which we are constantly seeking to find through everything and everyone in this world.  Those things we will spend an eternity looking for and I believe once we walk into eternity if you are a child of the King, God is going to show us we searched so hard we missed it.  The Truth was simply sitting before us...  Yet, we overlooked it.  

I'll go into more of those things we're searching for tomorrow.  


1 comment:

Lucy said...

When should I expect to call you Dr. Williams?