Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New skills

Please watch this video before reading any further!!

I'm going to a conference this weekend so I decided to make today my day off.  First and foremost wonderfulness about that...  Pajamas!  Yes, staying in my PJ's until I'm ready to get out of them.  Just in case you're curious it's 11:45am and I'm still in them.  I also decided to do some cooking today.  A dear friend of mine would refer to this day as being a domesticated day!  I haven't had one of these in awhile.  

I've made some chicken enchiladas and put in the freezer using some leftover things from the fridge then I moved on to making some whole wheat pizza crust.  I plugged in the wheat grinder and it made no attempt to work.  Oh no!  It's not actually mine but a friend of mine.  Not good.  I put it back in the cabinet and ask the Lord to remedy that situation for me.  Those machines aren't cheap.  I go to get something out of the fridge.  Oh snap...  Light's not on.  

DUH!  I blew a fuse.  Problem solved.  Walked outside and flipped the breaker.

Back to pizza crust.  

I could only find one little sheet of parchment paper and in case you don't know what that is, it's AMAZING, never cook on a cookie sheet without it!

I found a roll of wax paper and used that instead.  Now that the pizza crust have cooled I've realized an important lesson.  Wax paper and parchment paper are not the same thing.  I repeat, they ARE NOT the same thing.  Should have googled it first but I figured it would be ok.  It's not too bad of a substitute if you spray the wax paper good with a non stick spray.  Otherwise, stick city here you come!  Now I've got to figure out how to peel off the pizza dough...

Oh back to the video.  In my pizza crust making experience being here by myself I decide to see if I can throw a pizza crust.  It looks cool when they do it and how hard is it.  Turns out it's actually not all that hard to do!  I only dropped it a few times but then got the hang of it.  What a picture...  Me in PJ's tossing pizza dough in the kitchen.  I wish the ceilings were taller because I wanted to see how high I could throw it.  Greatly debated going outside to throw it really high.  I knew the dogs would eat that dough if I walked outside with it so I stayed inside.  

I'm not professional like the guy on the video but it's not too hard.  Give it a try next time you make some pizza crust!

2 comments:

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

Sorry, I deleted the other comment because of a typo and I'm anal-retentive and couldn't stand it.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with your mad pizza skillz (the z is on purpose just to make me seem cooler than I actually am) and for spending an entire morning in your pj's.