Monday, November 17, 2008

30 years today!

Thirty years ago to this day my life began.  Well, not exactly because I'm only 26.  However, thirty years ago to this day my parents celebrated exchanging wedding vows!  :)  I have a picture of my mom as a bride but haven't had time to put it online yet.  I'll try to get to that this afternoon.  She's beautiful!  

Anyways...  On this day I say thanks to my Mom and Daddy.  It wasn't until I got into college that I truly began to understand the blessings I had as a child.  The biggest part about my parents that I took for granted was that they were still married.  Most people I met had experienced divorce and by God's grace I didn't have to go through that.  I say thank for the way you raised us because as I grow I'm learning more and more that you did the absolute best you knew how to do.  What more could a kid ask for.  It wasn't always perfect but it was all that you could give.  Thank you for teaching us and training us the ways you did.  Thank you for fussing and fighting in front of us but never too much.  I can honestly say there has never been a time in my life where I didn't have full confidence that my mom totally believed in the man that my dad is and his abilities as a husband and a dad.  I can honestly say I've never doubted that my dad loved and adored my mom above all other women on this earth.  Granted they didn't like each other every moment of everyday but I always knew that the love was rooted deep within them.  Thanks for never giving up on each other.  The lessons you've taught go far deeper than you'll ever know.  

I love you both beyond words!  

Happy Anniversary! 

love always,
sis

3 comments:

Susan the teacher said...

Okay, I'm freaking out when I first began reading and thought, "How could I have missed her 30th birthday? And just when did she become 39 anyway?" And then I actually read your blog and had a good laugh at myself. I want to add my congratulations to your parents on their 30th anniversary, and say that they are an awesome example of what a good marriage should look like. And they didn't do too badly raising their kids either.

Susan the teacher said...

Next time I'll use the Preview option. I know you are not 39.

Anonymous said...

We love you forever,
Daddy & Mama