Friday, February 8, 2008

I LOVE COLORS!


Let me know what you think.  Went to the paint store today and this is I think the colors I'm going to go with.  As usual with me...  somethings will probably never change.  Feel free to express your concerns as to why I shouldn't use them.  As long as you know I like them, therefore will probably use them.  :)  

They are all earthy tones.  They all look like very calm colors to me.  I love color!!


The green will be the main color.  There was one shade darker of green and it was called Egyptian Nile!  I like the color but the lighter shade does go better with the other two colors.  Still struggling not to use it though simply because of it's name.  That color will be on all the walls except the wall opposite the front door.  


The wall opposite the front door will be the red.  It'll help give the room some depth, says my intelligent friend.  I just love red.  Not necessarily in clothes but on walls.  I think it's bold yet lovely!  Doing the whole thing I think would be a little much.  So I'm going with one accent wall. Very excited about the red!!  I have a bed spread, couch cover, and an area rug with that shade of red so they'll look nice.  I have some pillows and an area rug similar to that shade of green that should go well with it too.


The blue.  Oh how I love blue too.  Now that is pretty much blue anything.  Mom says she can walk in any store and now exactly what I'll pick out because it's going to be blue.  I admit I do tend to lean a little towards that color.  I have blue pots and pans...  I have blue plates...  Now I'm going to have blue bathroom walls.  The bathroom is not so much on the large size.  Probably not even a whole lot on the medium size so I'm sure I should try to go with a lighter color to make it look bigger.  But I'm not going to.  Why?  Well, simply because I think that blue is pretty.  It goes well with the other flow of colors.  


Hopefully, they'll be some color on the walls in the next couple of weeks!  WOO-HOO!!  
Thanks Teresa for going paint shopping with me.  Thanks Chris and Penny for being my paint consultants.  Thanks G for your professional suggests on the subject! 

4 comments:

Pete and Gina Burgess said...

You're welcome...
"Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. Just as one can never learn how to paint."
-Pablo Picasso
I like 'em! Have fun!
Peace,
Gina

Lindsey said...

thanks! i can't wait!

Lucy said...

I'm sure it will look great. Personally, I'm a fan of dark brown and red. Like chocolate and ketchup, two of my favorite things.

The Sharpe's said...

the colors look great :0) i want to see the finished product ;0)