Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Slight Train Wreck


Pictured above is an excellent portrayal of what occurred last night due to my error in communication. A sweet lady in my church lost her husband about 3 weeks ago. Last night I decided to go visit with her for a bit. The plan was to go there and visit then head back to the office to work on school. This plan was discussed with my friend P who makes sure I stay safe. I generally always try to let someone know where I am at all times or at least the general plan of what I'll be doing.

Well, the visit turned out a bit longer than anticipated. I got to hear this sweet ladies heart... She spoke of the first time she met her dear husband up until the very last breath he took while laying in their living room. We discussed life and all that it entails. More than anything I got to hear what she calls her "Journey" in life. Which is a phrase I have often used myself for life. It is a continual journey. This particular sweet lady has had several other deaths in her family over the past few months. Under normal circumstances she herself should be a train wreck. While there were tears shed in our chatting last night she never lost the joy in her eyes. Her hope is set on things far above that of this earth. It was refreshing to sit with her.

What I did not know was the train wreck I was causing. I left my cell phone in the car. My friend P who always makes sure I'm safe had no clue if I was safe or not. Typically I get back to there house around 11pm where I am staying until my house is complete. The phone rang at 12:20 at this sweet ladies house and it was the husband of my dear friend. He was home with kiddos while my friend was out looking for me. They had also called another couple to see if they knew where I was. That couple was out searching for me as well. Train wreck!

I got home around 12:40. Went straight to bed still unaware of the complete train wreck. This morning I apologized to my friend for causing her to panic. She had a less than favorable face to make at me and had less than favorable words to share. She was scared to death that I was not safe. I felt awful.

Then my other friends who had been out looking for me as well called to make sure my dear friend did not kill me as she had insisted she was going to do last night when I got home.

I hate that I caused so much chaos but I have thanked God all day for being reminded last night just how much I am loved by people in my life. My safety would have been of no concern if there was no love involved. To my family who wonders if I am being taken care of out in TN. Rest assured I am being watched after.

Moral of the story... Communication is the key.
2nd moral of the story... Age does not remove curfews! :)
3rd moral of the story... Next time I go visit the sweet lady from church
just take pajamas and spend the night!


No comments: