Thursday, November 5, 2009

A couple of pics

Just thought I'd throw in a couple of pictures from this week.

No, I do not know how to sew on my own. With the help of my dear friend though it goes alright when I sit down at a sewing machine. My dear friend decided that she'd like to try quilting. Then she ran across an organization collecting quilts to give to homeless children. For those who are like me and are quilting ignorant here's a brief explanation. Each of the four matching squares is a block. We asked ladies in our church to help make the blocks. Then once we received those my dear friend penned them together while I sewed them together. Next step is to actually turn it into a quilt. I will be there for moral support and a fountain Pepsi to offer my utmost support but that part will be done by the one who actually knows how to sew!

I've sewed a few times only at the table with my dear friend near by to offer help. More times than not I get a little... Okay, that's a lie. I get ALOT frustrated when I sew. My biggest issue was running the dang sewing machine. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that little string to make lines. This time around i really wanted to figure this out. I asked my dear friend to sit down and show me once more how to thread the machine. In .5 seconds she does it and says, "that's all you do." I looked back at her and explained that she might have well just done brain surgery on someone and then looked at me like okay it's your turn now!

She goes to the other room to continue pinning all the blocks. My determination kicks in. This is ridiculous. It's a little piece of string... I can do this! I take the string out backwards. Seeing how it goes through all the different spots. Finally, it made sense!! Now the bobbin is still a little hard but I'm going to master that one day too.



That's me with my hair pulled up for the first time in a long time! I'm standing on the porch of MY HOUSE! Unique feature of this house is found right there on the porch. Most porches have a simple safety railing on the porch. I have a privacy fence on mine! Yes, I am standing straight up and not bending at all. That's how tall my railing is. Not sure exactly how it got that tall but I'm not complaining. Soon, hopefully soon, I'm going to have a closet in that house. No, I'm going to have two closets! I can't wait!!


No comments: