Friday, March 7, 2008

Apartment update! :)


Here's the latest and greatest on my apartment!  The floors have been laid.  The walls have been painted.  The cabinets are in the process of being put in and the trim work was painted this morning.  

Where's the color?  Many of you might be asking...  Well, I loved the colors I picked out but as I prayed about them for some reason the Lord just kept telling me to keep it simple for right now.  So...  the walls are an off white sort of color and the ceiling and trim are white.  My front door and window in the kitchen will be the shade of green that I picked out.  

I think perhaps I needed to go simple for now for 2 reasons.  The first one being that it would've taken MUCH longer to paint had I done the colors.  This whole place was basically painted in a day with a big sprayer thing.  And also I think it was partly financial.  The paint used was given to us there was nothing wrong with it.  Just not my first preference.  It's growing on me though.  Maybe little by little I'll be able to add a little more color.  Right now I'm just excited I'll be moving in soon!


The cabinet that's not in the kitchen belongs in the bathroom.  It's a 4ft long cabinet it's huge!  James, a man from my church was trying to redo an older cabinet to use in there.  When he asked if I wanted it stained or painted I said I preferred stained to match the kitchen ones.  

He tried and tried and apparently couldn't get it light enough to match and he was so frustrated with it and didn't want something in my apartment that didn't look nice that he and his wife went and bought me this new cabinet! 

Isn't that amazing!  He was worried about me not having enough storage in the bathroom so he bought the biggest cabinet that could possibly fit in that space.  


My fridge will go on the left next to the air intake.  My stove will go on the right at the end of those cabinets.  
Supposedly, I should be able to start moving stuff in by the end of next week!!

4 comments:

Mamareed78 said...

May you be blessed abundantly in all you do. I hope the rest of your apt. comes together quickly.

Blessings,

LEslie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the floors! Can't wait to see it.
love,
mama

Lucy said...

It's looking great! I can't wait to see it all finished. You know a good way to add color to white walls is to hang big panels of fabric on the walls. You can get a bold print and not worry b/c you're not stuck with it forever, you can change it out as often as you like, and if you find it on sale, fabric is pretty cheap. Plus, you won't have to worry about anything clashing with that phat-daddy chair you're thinking about getting.