Friday, March 7, 2008

Final post today

Sorry, I know three post in one day is a little excessive. I just haven't been able to keep up with these things lately.

Here's the major post of the day. Today I leave for Pigeon Forge to go to a biblical counseling conference tonight and tomorrow. Then it starts again on Monday and goes through Wednesday. I've had to read a couple of books to prepare and I've really enjoyed what I've read. I love the whole idea and concept of counseling. It's a huge desire God has placed inside me. I'm asking you to please pray for these next few days. Pray that God might give me a glimpse of why I had to take this training. Pray for my mind as I have to sit through a classroom setting. That's not my most intune times. I struggle a bit with just sitting. I'm sure wonderful people like Seiring and Weatherly might disagree with the words a bit... But anyways...

I'm looking forward to taking it. My boss will be taking the courses as well so I can't help but think God's going to use this in an even greater way then He already does through my job. I help run a camp... What does that have to do with counseling? Well, you'd be surprised how people's defense drop when they're at camp. Or how I get to just meet people where they are on ministry sites. People that just need to talk and be heard. People that are needed direction towards something. Both people who believe in the Lord and those that do not. The counseling my boss and I get to do is at a pretty high rate.

Well, I'll say farewell for now. you've got 2 other post to check out and I've got to get on the road. Thanks for your prayers!

http://www.gracefellowshipintl.com/ie_home.htm

Think link above goes to the page of the folks I'll be taking the conference from. Check it out if you have time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Make sure there's a couch in your new place and I'll come lie on it and let you practice counseling me.