Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finally... Haiti.

I know it's been far too long with no words on Haiti. Today I am working on putting pictures online for you to see. I didn't take tons, but I do have a good bit of videos. Now, I'm trying to figure out the best way to put those online cause I got a loooot of them.

It's crazy to think that this time one month ago I was sleeping on a roof in Haiti...

To be honest I haven't really even looked back at my pictures very much since I got back. The trip was awesome I just can't figure out how to put it into words to where it would make sense to anyone. Due to my cheapness I brought back some rocks from Haiti. I'm not sure if that was completely legal, but I didn't see any signs that said I couldn't. Part of me thinks that re-telling what happened will be like looking at those rocks. To me those rocks say a million different things. But to everyone else, they are just rocks. Similar to what you can pick up out of your driveway. For me those rocks represent sites, sounds, smells, and faces that will never be forgotten. Bare with me as I try to explain some of that to a few folks who have patiently waited to hear.

I jotted down notes from each day so I suppose I will just do a blog entry per day...

So for the next little while...

Welcome to Haiti from my eyes.

No comments: