Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I got up early this morning to work on school work. It's the first major day of sit down scholastic of the semester. Last friday night I worked for a few hours but today was the big day to get the semester organized. During that time I...

...called AT&T to let them know my internet connection sucked. They sent a repair tech and it's working good now.

...called the local trader newspaper to list my car for sale.

...researched new or new to me cars to possibly purchase.
...fine tuned my shopping list for the afternoon of getting parts for my new project (loft bed).

...hung curtains in my bedroom.

...Are you noticing a pattern here?

What you see described above is full blown overwhelmedness.

I went to town this afternoon and upon arriving home this evening I decided I was going to get serious and not be overwhelmed and get something accomplished. Since arriving home I have...

...chatted on facebook with best friend in Texas.

...called my big brother to find he was still at work.

...skyped with my mom for the first time.

...watched a new episode of NCIS.

...last but not least - blogged about my lack of scholastic motivation.

At least with all of these events I did have one of my school books sitting in my lap. Surely that must count for something. I started in the early hours of morning and now we're getting into the late hours of the evening. Where does time go?

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Next time do all that stuff with your book on your head, that way you'll be learning via osmosis. And which car are we selling? The new one or the bug?

Lindsey said...

The new one has 100K and a heater that's not exactly HOT all the time, a head light that won't stay lit, etc... I am driving to Atlanta once a week this semester and am looking to get a little better mileage. Will more than likely be selling the bug this spring to pay for the new to me car I am looking at. We'll see about that. I will try to book head thing next time!