Sunday, November 7, 2010

On the road again (actually in the sky again...)


On December 27th I'll be flying out of Atlanta to head to Haiti for a week. This has brought about different responses from different people. The funniest one was from one of my friends kiddos. I mentioned to him that I was going to Haiti a few weeks ago. Then I told him recently that I bought my ticket for Haiti. He just looks at me and said, "You are seriously going there?" I said, "Yeah!" I went on to explain about the group I was going with, and how I didn't know anyone but they take trips weekly there so I felt pretty comfortable going with them.

He gets a look of relief on his face. I asked what he was thinking. He went on to explain how he thought I was just flying down there by myself to just walk around and do whatever. I assured him I was going with a group of people that have been there before. His 13 year old concern was cute!

So to be clear I am going with a group called Adventures in Missions. They have been doing trips since the earthquake last year and are working with local pastors to best meet the needs of the people. On Friday at the club I was working with some of the pre-teens on researching information for their 4H speeches. During the middle of this I had one of them look up about the hurricane coming towards Haiti so we got to sit and talk about Haiti and the destruction going on there. One girl decided to change her speech to talk about Haiti. Of course by Monday she might have decided to change it again but we'll see.

I'll post more about this trip hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

That's awesome. Be safe and go tell them about Jesus.