Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friday adventures

I had in my mind that Friday would be different from the rest of the week. It's Friday! Good things come on Friday...

I found out about a staff meeting in Cleveland at 12:22. Meeting starts at 12:45 and I'm about to get in the shower to clean up after cleaning at camp. My thoughts... Well, crap!

Finally got to the meeting at 1pm. Meeting still happening at 2:20. At 2:30 I was suppose to leave on the van to pick up kids. Seriously, going to be late AGAIN! That's a personal pet peeve of mine, being late. At 2:25 I lean over and express that I have to leave and walk out of the meeting while our Executive Director is talking. I figure I'll hear about that on Monday. Oh well... Luckily, I contacted a staffer to go pick up the kids.

Finally get back to the club for one of my favorite moments.

Part of the kids we pick up and part are brought on a bus. I love being there when the bus gets there because I go outside and get to hug or high five each of them as they get off the bus.

Then I got to hang out with the teens for a bit while they did there snack which was fun getting to hear about their days and weekend plans.

Friday at the club was good. It was just the meeting before hand that threw me for a loop.

Who knows what next week will hold...

I will be implementing some Club Guidelines AKA THE RULES!

1. Be Respectful
2. Be Honest
3. Be Kind
4. Be Safe
5. Be Joyful

The thought is to take a week for each of those and go over them on a daily basis for the younger ones and begin developing their minds to understand what we expect of them. These guidelines are also what each child will receive from us as staffers. That might not seem like a big deal until you meet these kids. They live in places where there is little respect, honesty, kindness or happiness.

No comments: