Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oopsy...

It would appear it has been about 4 months since my last post. My sweet sister in law reminded me of that on my recent trip to Texas.

Hear me out before you pass judgement on my song selection.

*Disclaimer* I don't drink, smoke, or gamble. Nor do I believe the best thing in life is dying in your sleep. Those reasons aren't why this song has been on my mind.




This song first off makes me laugh. It's an old classic country tune! I do find some realness in knowing when to hold'em and knowing when to fold'em and simply knowing when to walk away or knowing when to run.

Life is an interesting thing.

The hurdles we face. The joys we overlook.

I've started with my Master's work again taking 9 hours online. Perhaps not my brightest moment. I'm a couple of weeks into and pretty much overwhelmed by two of the three classes. We'll see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

The construction on my new place of residency continues to go on. The move in date is still yet to be decided.

Work is work. Some people like what we do. Some people don't. I suppose that happens everywhere.

I noticed a couple of leaves fly by my window today while I was in the office which means the tress should be getting colorful pretty soon.

For all three people who read this and don't have daily contact with me now you know the short version of where life currently has me. Trying to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away and know when to run. That sums it up pretty well for right now.

3 comments:

The Sharpe's said...

I love reading your blogs missy!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

You are a smart girl. You will figure it out. We love you forever,
mama

Penny S. said...

Just so you know, that was one of my favorite songs when I was little. This will age me, but I remember going to TG&Y to buy the 45 record. I knew every word (or at least what I thought were the correct words). I didn't know what they meant, but oh well. I loved Kenny Rogers and he was singing it. Isn't that all that really mattered?