Saturday, November 24, 2007

Baby time

I got to spend the day with my friend Sarah and her cute baby Caleb. There's is just something wonderfully precious about a sleeping baby in your arms! I'm not sure what it is, but it's so cool. When I was in Egypt I got to have baby Kaylee sleep in my arms and I remember thinking there was something about that. And I had that same thought again today.

There's something about the trust they have in you at that moment. They do not fear they will be dropped or forgotten or lost. They trust you completely enough to just fall asleep in your arms. The child like faith, scripture tells us that's what we need and I was reminded of that beautiful analogy with Caleb in my arms.

I also realized how much I struggle to simply rest in my Savior's arms. I'm too full of fear that I'll miss something or that he might not take care of me the way I want him to. I'm too worried about the things I need to accomplish when so very often the only thing Christ needs for me to accomplish is to rest in His arms. I can only imagine the joy it brings Jesus when I rest in His arms because it brought me such joy the way Caleb could rest in mine.

Granted I've never had kids of my own so I only get to experience the fun times of a day with a baby and I don't get to deal with the sleepless nights but God did something powerful in creating babies the way he did to have to fully depend on their parents to care for them. It creates such a picture of how we are to be totally dependent upon Christ. Not a little dependent or sort of dependent but completely and totally dependent on our Lord and Savior! That's so much easier said than done but man those moments when I do totally rest in Him. That peace feels so great.

Thanks for a fun day bloss! You are a wonderful wife and mama! I'm so proud of you.

No comments: