Sunday, April 27, 2008

what do you do?

When you come home after you've had people in and out of your house all day to realize your bathroom door is locked? (There is no key!) Well, I happen to be chatting to my folks when this recently happened to me. Logically, I ask my dad what to do. He offers a few suggestions and I can't get any of them to work. I decide to just use the bathroom upstairs in our office, just have to brush the teeth tomorrow after someone can come fix the problem. Can I walk away that easily from a challenge? Of course not!

So, I go get my little screwdriver set. I then realized I can take off the door handle. I do that but then see that alone won't fix the problem. I see a small slit where one of my tiny flat head screwdriver fits into and I twist it. I hear that noise like it's unlocking. But the door still won't open. I had to put the doorknob back on with needle nose pliers and a screwdriver. Bingo! Door was unlocked!

I called my dad back to inform him that he had raised the world's smartest daughter because I just unlocked a door without a key. :)

On a more important note for all of those interested my beautiful neice, Ainsley Williams is going to come into this world this Thursday, May 1 at 7:30am Texas time. Unfortunately, I'll be in another state that day but by the following Monday I will be in Texas getting to see her beautiful face!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Way to go, McGyver.